What is Naturopathy and Holistic medicine all about?
• Nature’s healing power – Nature has the innate ability to heal.
• The therapist identifies and treats the cause. – There is always an underlying cause, be it physical or emotional.
• Do no harm. – A naturopath or acupuncturist will never use treatments that may create other conditions.
• Treat the whole person. – When preparing a treatment plan, all aspects (body, mind, and soul) of a person’s being are taken into consideration.
• The Therapist as a teacher. – A Naturopath empowers the patient to take responsibility for his/her own health by teaching self-care.
• Prevention is better than cure. – A naturopath may remove toxic substances and situations from a patient’s lifestyle to prevent the onset of further disease.
Facial Acupuncture Facial rejuvenation acupuncture sometimes referred to as „acupuncture facelift,“ is a wonderful timeless beauty technique used by the Chinese since the Sung Dynasty (960-1279AD).
In Chinese, it is called „Me Rong Zhen“. Cosmetic acupuncture was performed on the Empress and Emperor’s concubines. Today, it is an effective non-surgical yet painless way to lessen the appearance of fine lines as well as deeper wrinkles. It improves circulation and stimulates the body’s natural anti-aging powers. The International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture reported in a recent study of 300 people, 270 perceived a marked decrease of facial wrinkles after just one treatment. Their skin felt firmer to the touch and elasticity was improved.
I believe that the body has the capacity to heal itself if given the right conditions and naturopathy, along with acupuncture, nutrition, herbal medicine, fitness and most other holistic modalities subscribes to this basic understanding of the body’s own innate intelligence.